FLIPPING THE SWITCH
ZAIN AMRI AYEOB
The initial idea that would become Bulb was founded in 2009 by Khaidi, following his departure from J. Walter Thompson. Not long after, Khaidi invited Zain (formerly of Grey Group Malaysia and Iclif-Bank Negara) to establish Bulb.
The partners approached Havas Worldwide to form a new firm, which was renamed Bulb Communique. The choice of Havas as a partner in this new endeavour was natural – Havas is the largest agency network in the world.
Together with Pat, Farhah, Azura, Neeta, Im, Surya and Jerome (all of whom were former colleagues, associates and friends), this small group formed the nucleus of an aspiring new organization, aligned to the same vision of an uniquely innovative business model.
At Bulb, we believe in a business model evolved from the traditional agencies from which we came. Within Bulb, we seek to apply the wisdom and experience we’ve gained to achieve solutions beyond the capacity of stereotypical agencies. We believe in “Breaking Up Limiting Beliefs“; encouraging our friends and partners to aspire to be the best they can be in the journey of life.
Welcome to Bulb. We invite you to join our journey.
MAKE THE WORK WORKMake The Work Work is the mantra that drives BULB’s existence. Coming from various conventional agencies, we have experienced many limitations when people are too constrained by certain centralised rules and guidelines. Not many want to go beyond their responsibilities. It teaches people to stay safe. When agencies are being run by safe, boring, and uninteresting people, brand communications become safe, boring, and uninteresting. Too many times, these limitations stop a great idea fulfiling its true potential.
That is why at BULB, we have different types of people from different backgrounds – from a brand consultant to a speech trainer, from an activation planner to a graphic designer, from a copywriter to an event organizer. Why, we even have our own interior design department. This is just a testimonial of how far we can go in producing great ideas that work.
- Market Research
- Competitive Analysis
- Brand Positioning/Direction
- Integrated Communications Plan
- Brand Book
- Corporate Identity Manual
- Creative Development ATL/BTL
- Advertising Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Crowd-sourcing Initiatives
- Events/PR Support Adhoc
- Marketing Consultation
- Digital Marketing
- Business Model Re-engineering
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Marketing/Sales Collaterals
- Outlet/Store/Branch/CSC Concepts
- Ambient/Structural Creative Designs
- Customer Service Systems Design
- Strategic White Paper Research
- Data Management
- Media Relations Consultancy
- Key Stakeholder Workshops
- Brand Plan Workshops
- Brainstorming Sessions Moderation
- Brand Internalisation Programmes
- Brand/Communications Coaching
- Culture Change Management
- Interpersonal Communications Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Trainings